CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Train Cafe

My little boys school was doing media-free week this week so we got creative and  decided to have a cafe today.  We worked all afternoon to get it ready.  We made food out of construction paper and also used some plastic food that we already had.  We found, printed and colored play money.  We made a wallet to put the money in.  We designed our own cafe menus and drew pictures on the front.  When their dad got home, he was greeted with a "Come in we are open" sign and was served.  We practiced taking orders and getting the ready, figuring out the bill and serving.  The boys loved it!




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the idea of a media free week! I think there would be a lot of tears at my house!! everything about the meal makes me smile! I love the wallet!